Here are troubleshooting steps if you do not see cloudHQ chrome extension in your Gmail or you see it but the function is not working:
- Verify that Chrome Extension is installed and enabled. Please check How to verify that cloudHQ Chrome Extension is installed and enabled support note on how to do that.
If the extension is not installed please go to cloudHQ Extensions page to install it and restart the browser.
- Clear and refresh cached images and files in Chrome browser and restart the browser. Please check How to reset cookies, clear and refresh cache in Chrome support note on how clear and refresh cached images and files.
- If clearing cache does not help, then try clearing Chrome cookies and restart it. Please check How to reset cookies, clear and refresh cache in Chrome support note on how to clear browser cookies.
- Ensure that 3rd-party cookies are not blocked or that cloudHQ is whitelisted. Please check How to enable 3rd-party cookies in Google Chrome browser support note on how to do that.
- If you still have trouble with extensions, please de-install all other extensions. It is known that some extensions like AdBlocker Plus are not compatible with cloudHQ. Kindly email us at support@cloudHQ.net if you discover that some other Chrome extensions is causing the problem. We will try to our best remove the problem.
- It is known what some parental control & website blocking softwares might be unintentionally mangling secure HTTPS connections. Please try removing all parental control & website blocking softwares and your PC and restart the Chrome browser.
- If nothing works, please collect Google Chrome console logs and email us at support@cloudHQ.net and we will help.