Here are troubleshooting steps if you do not see cloudHQ chrome extension in your Gmail or you see it but the function is not working: Check your browser and installed extensions: Click here to verify your browser Verify that Chrome Extension is installed and enabled. Please check the following support note: How to verify that […]
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Help and then About Google Chrome.
- The current version number is the series of numbers beneath the Google Chrome heading.
- Chrome will check for updates when you’re on this page. To apply any available updates, click Relaunch.
Where do I find my BCC address for Salesforce? PipeDrive? HubSpot? SugarCRM? Zoho? OnePageCRM? GetBase? close.io? Basecamp HighRise?
Here’s how to access your BCC address in Salesforce: Find your user name at the upper right corner and select the drop down bar. Select “My Settings” or “Setup” from the drop down bar. Select the Email tab under “My Settings” Select the “My Email to Salesforce” tab You will see your email to Salesforce […]
If you have multiple from addresses (send as) configured in your Gmail (as described here) then you can create a rule that only emails sent from specified alias will trigger Auto BCC. To create rule like select email address from dropdown: Note that this requires paid plan for Auto BCC for Gmail.