Can I import MailChimp templates into my Gmail Email Templates library?
Yes. To learn how to import MailChimp templates into your Gmail Email Templates library, click here.
Can I modify my email templates using HTML?
Yes. There are three ways to modify your email templates using HTML:
What are the differences between the Premium and Free subscription plans with Gmail Email Templates?
For a comprehensive list of features for both Premium and Free subscriptions to Gmail Email Templates, click here.
Where are my templates saved?
All your templates are stored in your Google Drive under folder name Gmail Templates.
How do organize my templates?
Gmail templates are saved in href=”https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive”>Google Drive under folder name Gmail Templates. So you can organize your templates by creating subfolders. The instructions are here.
Can I share a template?
Yes. To share a template, open the editor and click the share button. The instructions on how to share a template are here
Can I access my templates on my mobile device?
Yes. To access your email templates on your mobile device, you must install the following Google Workspace Add-on: Email Templates by cloudHQ Google Workspace Add-on. To learn how to use templates only your mobile check the support note How to access templates on your mobile phone (how to install Gmail Add-on).
Can I create templates from emails that I receive in my inbox?
Yes, you can. Gmail Email Templates allows you to copy emails you receive, convert them into templates, and customize them for your usage. To learn how, click here.
How to switch a template to mobile view?
You can switch the template to mobile view by clicking the mobile button in the left corner of your editor.
How to build a complex and responsive HTML template?
Can I revert my template to previous version?
Yes – you can revert your template to the previous version. Short instructions on how to do that are here
What kinds of free email templates does cloudHQ offer?
CloudHQ provides a range of free email templates suitable for various purposes. You may click here to view some examples.
Where can I find the "Gmail Templates" button in Gmail?
The “Gmail Templates” icon is located in two main areas in Gmail: at the top-right corner near the “Search email” field and within the lower toolbar when composing or replying to emails. Clicking this button opens a window for template selection.
What are the different tiers available for the Gmail Templates Workspace Add-on?
There are three tiers available:
- Tier 1: No Plan – This is a free plan, which does not require a cloudHQ account. With this, you can access over 1000+ email templates directly in Gmail.
- Tier 2: Basic Plan – This is also a free plan, but it requires a cloudHQ account. This tier offers you 8 smart features in your email templates, including limited capabilities such as copying received emails and importing Mailchimp templates.
- Tier 3: Premium Plan – For this plan, an upgrade to your cloudHQ account is needed. It offers access to team templates, unlimited Mailchimp template imports, unlimited email copying, and more.
Can I customize or create my own email templates with the Basic Plan?
Yes, with the Basic Plan (Tier 2), you can create your own email templates using an easy email editor or HTML editor. You also have the option to select a professionally designed email template from the template library.
What benefits do I get with the Premium Plan that aren't available in the Basic Plan?
With the Premium Plan (Tier 3), you gain the ability to:
- Access and share templates with your team
- Import Mailchimp templates without any limits
- Copy any email you’ve received and edit it as your own without any restrictions
- Create and send an email template with attachments without any limits
What to do if my templates is blank (white) and cannot be loaded?
email template does not open for editing and just displays a blank screen. How can I fix it?
If the template is 100% blank (white), it is possible that the email template you are trying to modify has encountered an error or corruption. To address this issue, you can try reverting the email template to a previous version where it was working correctly. This can be done through Google Drive, as all cloudHQ Gmail Email Templates are stored in a Google Drive folder called Email Templates. The instructions on how to that are in support note How to restore an email template to a previous version
What do if recipients do not see images and links in the email? (layout disappears)
If your recipients do not see images and links in the email, then the problem can be that the email was sent without the Gmail HTML option enabled (Gmail is sending text emails). The problem can also be that the email is sent using a third-party system which is not compatible with our product. For troubleshooting steps, check the support note Troubleshooting Gmail Email Templates.
Can I export email templates to HTML?
Email templates are stored in HTML format in your Google Drive under a folder named Email Templates. To obtain a template in HTML format, simply download it from the specified Google Drive folder. Once downloaded, ensure the file has a .html extension so that it can be viewed correctly in a browser.
My email templates are not responsive on mobile phone. How can I fix that?
When I open the sent template on my mobile, it IS NOT responsive. How can I fix that?
The main reasons why templates do not appear responsive on your mobile phone are the following:
- Email templates are not loaded and sent via the Gmail Desktop client with the Email Templates by cloudHQ browser extension installed. In order words, you must have the browser extension installed when sending templates.
- The email template was sent using some 3rd-party software which is not supported. To verify that, please uninstall all non-cloudHQ extensions from your browser and try again.
- Email templates are not properly designed. Please check your templates and ensure that all options are properly set.
- You can test sending templates using MailKing. The instructions on how to that are here: How to send a MailKing email campaign from your template
For more help, visit the following link: Troubleshooting Gmail Email Templates.
My email templates not correctly shown in Outlook, Microsoft 365 and other clients. How can I fix that?
I have created an email template and sent it to a recipient using Microsoft 365 and Outlook. The received email is not displayed in the same way as in my Gmail inbox. The recipient cannot see the colors or images. How can I fix this?
To fix problem that email templates (images, etc.) are not shown correctly in Outlook, Microsoft 365 check the following steps:
- Ensure that the emails are sent from the Gmail Desktop client with the Email Templates by cloudHQ browser extension install. It’s essential to have the extension installed and running when sending templates.
- Ensure that images are not blocked by the recipient’s Email Client: Outlook and other email clients may block images by default. The recipient may need to change their settings to allow images to be displayed.
- If you used a third-party extension to send the template, it might be this third party extension not be compatible. Remove all non-cloudHQ extensions from your browser and try sending it again.
- Make sure your email templates are designed correctly. Check all the settings in your templates.
- Use MailKing to test sending templates. Follow these instructions: How to send a MailKing email campaign from your template
For further assistance, go to: Troubleshooting Gmail Email Templates.