To install the extension, choose your browser from the links below:
- Unable to edit signature of the user – Authorization Error
- Unable to add a user
- Unable to invite a user
- Signature is updated but user is still seeing an old signature
- Error installing cloudHQ on my Google Workspace domain
- Information like phone number, title, address or similar are not automatically updated
- Other issues
The Email Signature Generator for Teams lets you manage and adjust signatures for your entire team. This guide will help you troubleshoot any issues with the Email Signature Generator.
If you’re facing problems, here are some steps to solve them based on the error messages you receive.
Can’t edit user’s signature – Authorization Error
To control user’s signatures, cloudHQ needs to adjust Gmail settings, including the signature. If you can see an Authorization Error message near a user, it means cloudHQ doesn’t have the necessary permissions to change the user’s signatures. Here’s how you can fix this.
- If you’re a Google Workspace admin, please do the following:
- Ensure that cloudHQ is correctly installed on your domain. Refer to this guide for help: IT Admin: Troubleshooting the cloudHQ installation on Google Workspace.
- If cloudHQ was installed on a Workspace organization or group (and NOT on the whole domain), make sure the user is part of the organization or group that has cloudHQ installed.
- Verify that the cloudHQ user is active:
- Visit the Users tab, then click on the Manage User option for the affected user.
- Click on the Login into user’s cloudHQ account button to log in as the user.
- Once logged in, go to the Cloud Accounts tab and confirm that Gmail is correctly set up.
- If Gmail wasn’t correctly set up, ask the user to log in to cloudHQ, then authorize their Gmail account. They can do this by going to the Cloud Accounts tab and selecting the Authorize button.
- If you’re not a Google Workspace admin, then you need to make sure the cloudHQ user is active and properly configured:
- Go to the Users tab, then click on the Manage User button for that user.
- Click on the Login into user’s cloudHQ account button to sign in as the user.
- Once logged in as that user, go to the Cloud Accounts tab and verify that Gmail is correctly authorized.
- If Gmail was not properly set up, tell the user to log in to cloudHQ and authorize their Gmail account. They can do this by clicking the Authorize button in the Cloud Accounts tab.
Unable to add a user
If you’re a Google Workspace admin and having trouble adding a user, it’s likely that cloudHQ isn’t correctly set up on your domain. If cloudHQ is only installed for a specific Workspace organization or group (and not across the entire domain), the user might not be part of the organization or group where cloudHQ is installed. This could be causing the issue.
To resolve this issue you can do these two things:
- Install cloudHQ on your entire domain. You can do that in Google Workspace admin console: Apps -> Google Workspace Marketplace apps -> cloudHQ
- Add user to organization or group where cloudHQ is installed. You can do that in Google Workspace admin console: Directory -> Users -> Groups and Directory -> Users -> Organizational units
Unable to invite a user
If you’re having issues when trying to invite a user, consider the following:
- Ensure that the user’s email address matches the one on record. Avoid sending invites to aliases or group email addresses. For instance, if your user’s email is email@example.com, but she uses alice@other_company.com as an alias, make sure that you’re sending the invite to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the user received the invitation but didn’t accept it, get in touch with them. Ask them to check their email and accept the invite. If they face problems in accepting it, suggest that they clear their cookies and try again, or consider accepting the invitation in incognito mode.
Signature is updated but user is still seeing an old signature
The issue might be that the user is utilizing a non-standard signature and/or doesn’t have the cloudHQ Signature Generator extension installed. Here’s how to address this:
- Ask the user to go to their Gmail settings and delete all signatures. Then return to your console and reapply the signature.
- Ask the user to install the Signature Generator by cloudHQ on their Chrome.
- Enforce the installation of the Signature Generator by cloudHQ for that user. You can do this in the Google Workspace admin console: Devices -> Chrome -> Apps & Extensions. For more details on how to do this, please see the support note How to install cloudHQ extensions on your employee’s Chrome browsers
Error installing cloudHQ on my Google Workspace domain
If you have trouble installing cloudHQ on your Google Workspace domain, then refer to this guide for help: IT Admin: Troubleshooting the cloudHQ installation on Google Workspace.
Information like phone number, title, address, or similar are not automatically updated
cloudHQ uses Google Workspace Directory to replace merge tags like *|PHONE_NUMBER|* with the actual information found in the Google Workspace Directory.
If you can’t see these merge tags being replaced correctly, follow these steps:
- Make sure that merge tags are spelled correctly. You can see a list of valid merge tags in our support note Merge tags for Email Signature Generator for Teams.
- Ensure that the Google Workspace Directory information is up-to-date and accurate. For example, the phone number might be listed under a different field. Review your Google Workspace admin console: Directory -> Users
If you’re still facing issues, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Additionally, you can arrange for a support call via this page: https://www.cloudhq.net/dashboard/support