To migrate Box Business / Enterprise accounts to OneDrive accounts managed, you need to create one-way sync pairs like this:
Box (firstname.lastname@example.org) -> OneDrive (email@example.com) Box (firstname.lastname@example.org) -> OneDrive (email@example.com) ...
The above will create a one-way sync of each Box account with a corresponding OneDrive account. The data will be migrated, and it will also be kept in sync—allowing you seamless transition.
cloudHQ will also replicate all sharing information and permissions from Box to OneDrive.
Here are step-by-step instructions for how to setup data migration sync pairs.
Box Business and Box Enterprise Preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Box for Business admin. The instructions are here: Box for Business admin.
- In some Box installations, third-party applications might be disabled. You will need to check if third-party applications are disabled in your Box account and enable them. Instructions for how to check that are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-cloudhq-third-party-application-in-box-enterprise/.
Office 365 Preparation:
- OneDrive Business accounts have to be fully provisioned. cloudHQ will not provision Office 365 OneDrive Business accounts on your behalf. This means each Office 365 user must log in at least once to their OneDrive Business account.
- An Office 365 admin needs to be added as an admin to users’ personal websites.
The instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-admin-access-to-all-office-365-onedrive-users.
- Please wait as it will take some time to propagate ownership changes
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Box Business or Box Enterprise Account
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Box for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Box for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Office 365 domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Office 365” icon:
- Accept Office 365 authorization:
Start the cloudHQ wizard to create migration sync pairs
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/multi_setup_wizard?prompt_auth=true:
- Select “Back up or Sync for Multiple Users”:
- Select Box as your primary user directory:
- Click “Switch to Migrate” button:
- Click the Box icon:
- Select users:
- Click on the OneDrive icon.
- Verify the sync pairs.
- Click on “Finish” to create sync pairs and start the migration.