With cloudHQ you can set up a real-time backup of all your Box accounts to Amazon S3 / Glacier or any other cloud storage platform. Real-time data backup is backup of files by automatically making a backup copy of every change made to your Box files. This means that cloudHQ is essentially capturing every version of your Box files and saving them to your backup cloud storage. It allows the Box admin to restore data (or create a snapshot of your system) to any point in time. You can think about cloudHQ sync as very powerful version of Apple Time Machine.
The instructions here explain how to backup your Box to Amazon S3 – but, of course, you can back up your organizations Box accounts to not only Amazon S3 but also to a Dropbox folder, Google Drive, etc.
And to set up real-time backup of Office 365 OneDrive accounts you basically need to create backup sync pairs (backup sync pairs are basically definition how to backup certain users) which will backup each of your users’ OneDrive account to a dedicated folder. For example, something like this:
Box (email@example.com) -> Amazon S3/Backup_bucket/Office365 OneDrive (firstname.lastname@example.org) Box (email@example.com) -> Amazon S3/Backup_bucket/Office365 OneDrive (firstname.lastname@example.org) Box (email@example.com) -> Amazon S3/Backup_bucket/Office365 OneDrive (firstname.lastname@example.org) Box (email@example.com) -> Amazon S3/Backup_bucket/Office365 OneDrive (firstname.lastname@example.org) ...
And here are step-by-step instructions how to achieve that:
Box Business and Box Enterprise Preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Box for Business admin. The instructions are here: Box for Business admin.
- In some Box installations, third-party applications might be disabled. You will need to check if third-party applications are disabled in your Box account and enable them. Instructions for how to check that are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-cloudhq-third-party-application-in-box-enterprise/.
Amazon S3 preparation:
- Amazon S3 needs to be authorized in cloudHQ. You must have an access key ID and a secret access key. If you don’t know what that is, please check here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-figure-out-your-access-key-id-and-secret-key-in-amazon-s3/.
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click on the “Amazon S3” icon:
- Authorize your Amazon S3 account:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Box Business or Box Enterprise Account
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Box for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Box for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Set up backup sync pair from Box to Amazon S3
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/multi_setup_wizard?prompt_auth=true:
- Select Box as your primary user directory:
- Click the “Box” icon or drag the icon to the left empty box to select it as your backup location:
- cloudHQ will get a list of users from Box. Tick Box accounts you want to back up:
- Click on the Amazon S3 icon or drag the icon to the right empty box to select is as your backup location:
- select the folder/bucket which will be target of your backup:
- Verify sync pairs and click “Finish”:
- Configuration will be done by cloudHQ:
- Synchronization pairs will be automatically done by cloudHQ:
- Synchronization will start. Here is How to Monitor Status of Sync