To install Multi Forward by cloudHQchrome extension, click here.
Your Multi Forward for Gmail dashboard is here.
HubSpot is a very popular CRM platform. Their platform consists of marketing, sales, service, operations, and website-building software.
This support note explains how to use Multi Email Forward by cloudHQ to forward all your old email messages to HubSpot CRM. The forwarding is done 100% in the background and you don’t have to have your PC or mac running at all.
What is logging of email to CRM?
Many CRMs (including HubSpot) allow you to store sent or received email messages inside CRM. In case, HubSpot Emails that are logged to HubSpot will include the email content and any attachments included in the email. The logged email will automatically be associated to the recipient’s contact record, its associated company record, and the five most recent open deal records associated to the contact.
So email logs allow you to keep a system of all relevant information in a secure, centralized location of your CRM.
Why log your old email communication in your CRM?
When you start using HubSpot, it is important to log all your old emails sent or received ousite of HubSpot so you can have a full record of past communication. Keep a record of your contacts’ engagement with your emails.
Multi Email Forward to log old emails to HubSpot
STEP 1: Find your HubSpot BCC address and forwarding addresses.
- The sent emails should be forwarded to BCC email address with the option preserve metadata enabled
- The received email should be forwarded to the forwarding address without the option preserve metadata enabled.
The instructions on how to find your HubSpot BCC address and forwarding addresses are here.
- STEP 2: Forward your sent emails. The sent emails should be forwarded to BCC email address with the option preserve metadata enabled.
- Go to your Gmail Sent label and select the sent emails that you want to log into HubSpot. Then Click the Multi Email Forward -> Forward selected emails individually button:
- Enter HotSpot BCC email address and press Enter or Tab so that the email is marked blue. Tick the option Preserve metadata. Then click the Forward Emails button:
- STEP 3: Forward your received emails. The received email should be forwarded to the forwarding address. The option preserve metadata should not be enabled.
- Go to your Gmail inbox label and select the received emails that you want to log. Then Click the Multi Email Forward -> Forward selected emails individually button:
- Enter HotSpot Forward email address and press Enter or Tab so that the email is marked blue. Untick the option Preserve metadata. Then click the Forward Emails button:
- STEP 4: Go to your Multi Email Forward for Gmail dashboard and check the status of the forward process.