Gmail Label and Email Sharing allows you to share labels (and emails) as you would share folders in Google Drive (or Dropbox). However, there are some limitations and requirements.
- Your labels or sub-labels must not have “/“, “+“, “\“, special characters, or emojis in their name. For example, if your label name is “Inbox/Clients” please rename that label to “Inbox – Clients”.
The following characters are not allowed:
\ back slash in the label name / forward slash in the label name * asterisk in the label name double blank spaces in the label name blank spaces at the end of label name blank spaces at the beginning of label name + plus sign in the label name ` backtick
- Your labels or sub-labels must not have ” ” at the end or beginning of its name. For example, if your label name is “Support “ please rename that label to “Support”.
- The label must have Show in IMAP enabled
- The number of emails in the label (excluding sub-labels) should be limited to less than 10K. If you have more than 10K emails in the label you can organize them into sub-labels. For example, if you label “Support” has 130K emails then you can create sublabel “Support/Archive” where you can put all emails older than a certain date. This limitation is not about the total number of emails in the label (including sub-labels) but about the number of email directly under the label.
The reason for this suggestion is that sync of delete and move operations for a label that has a large number of email messages can be quite slow (delays up to 15 minutes). You can have more than 10K emails in the label but please understand delete and move operations might take some time to replicate.
- If you want to share a sub-label (without sharing the parent label), you must use cloudHQ’s web interface.
- Your label must not be called “INBOX” (Gmail does not allow the creation of these labels anymore).
- Your organization must have IMAP enabled
- Label sharing chat requires that your organization has Google Drive enabled. This is because all chat files are stored in your Google Drive
- 3rd-party cookies must be enabled or cloudHQ must be whitelisted.
- If you are not using Gmail conversations then you must check the option “I do not use Gmail conversations – do not share all emails in conversation such as replies and forwards” as shown here