To migrate Box Business / Enterprise accounts to Dropbox for Business we suggest the following setup.
Migrate individual users
First, you need to migrate individual accounts. To migrate Box Business / Enterprise accounts to Dropbox for Business you need to create one-way migration sync pairs like this:
Box (email@example.com) -> Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) Box (email@example.com) -> Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) ...
The above will create a one-way sync of each Box account with a corresponding Dropbox account. The data will migrated, and it will also be kept in sync— allowing you seamless transition.
cloudHQ will also replicate all sharing information and permissions from Box to Dropbox.
Migrate Box company-wide shared folders into Dropbox Team folders
Then, you need to setup migration of Box company-wide shared folders to corresponding Dropbox Team folders. So you need to create one-way sync pairs that look like this:
Box (email@example.com)/HR Team folder -> Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org)/Team folders/HR Team folder Box (email@example.com)/Sales Team folder -> Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org)/Team folders/Sales Team folder ...
Here are step-by-step instructions for how to set up data migration sync pairs.
Dropbox for Business preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Dropbox for Business admin. The instructions are here: Dropbox for Business admin.
Box Business and Box Enterprise Preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Box for Business admin. The instructions are here: Box for Business admin.
- In some Box installations, third-party applications might be disabled. You will need to check if third-party applications are disabled in your Box account and enable them. Instructions for how to check that are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-cloudhq-third-party-application-in-box-enterprise/.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Dropbox for Business
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click on the “Dropbox for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Dropbox for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Box Business or Box Enterprise Account
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Box for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Box for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Start the cloudHQ wizard to create migration sync pairs
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/multi_setup_wizard?prompt_auth=true:
- Select “Back up or Sync for Multiple Users”:
- Select Box as your primary user directory:
- Click “Switch to Migrate” button:
- Click the Box icon:
- Select users:
- Click on the Dropbox icon.
- Verify the sync pairs.
- Click on “Finish” to create sync pairs and start the migration.