Gmail Snippets variables (merge tags) allow you to add content dynamically to your Gmail snippets.
The list below outlines all of the tags (variables) available to you:
Replaceable variables: *|FIRST_NAME|*, *|LAST_NAME|*, *|NAME|*, *|EMAIL|* are changed with the corresponding fields in your Google Contacts.
And here are the short instructions on how to use Gmail snippets variables (merge tags):
- Compose a new email message, and you will see a T+ snippet icon at the bottom of the compose window. Click on T+ icon:
- If T+ is not visible, click first on More Tools icon at the bottom of the compose window and a T+ snippet icon will be shown. Click on T+ icon:
- Add a recipient and click on Browse snippets:
- Click on Add button:
- Create a new shortcut. In the content add replacement variables as shown:
- A new shortcut is added successfully. Click on Done button:
- Type the shortcut which uses replaceable variables and press Enter key on the keyboard:
- The Gmail Snippet variables will be replaced: