Google Calendar allows you to create and have access to multiple calendars to keep track of different types of events, shared availability, and availability of certain resources.
Having multiple calendars is a great way to better organize your availability for meetings. The trick is to add multiple calendars that represent “layers” in your planning. For instance, you can have the following calendars:
- Your work (i.e., G Suite) calendar
- Your personal (i.e., Gmail) calendar (for example, with your kid’s soccer practices)
- Your work calendar which is shared with your collegues
For example, you might not want to be available during your son’s soccer practice. Or maybe you do not want to be available when your partner is not available.
First, you need to familiarize yourself with Google Shared Calendars and Google multiple calendars feature. Here are some resources on that:
Meeting Scheduler for Gmail allows which calendars will be used for your availability.
Here is how to select calendars which will be used for your availability:
- Login to cloudHQ
- Select “Dashboards” tab
- Click on Meeting Scheduler for Gmail icon
- Click on Manage Availability
- Tick Google Calendars will be used for your availability:
- Click on “Save Settings“.
select calendar; multiple calendars