To integrate Google Apps Drive accounts with your Egnyte install, we suggest creating sync pairs like this:
Google Drive (email@example.com) <-> Egnyte (acme.com)/Private/bob/Google Drive Google Drive (firstname.lastname@example.org) <-> Egnyte (acme.com)/Private/alice/Google Drive ...
The above will sync a dedicated Egnyte folder called “Google Drive” with a user’s Google Drive account.
- Ensure that you are an Egnyte admin:
- For each of your users, create a folder that will be synced with each user’s Google Drive account. For example, you can name that folder “Google Drive”:
Google Apps preparation
- Ensure that you are a Google Apps super admin. Instructions are here:
- Ensure that the Google Apps Administrative API is enabled for your domain. Instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-check-if-google-apps-administrative-api-is-enabled-for-your-domain/.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Egnyte
- Click the Egnyte icon:
- Input Account name and click “Add Egnyte” to authorize your Egnyte account:
Here is how to determine your Egnyte account name:
- If you click “Add Egnyte,” you will be forwarded to authorize cloudHQ to access your Egnyte account:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Google Apps domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Google Apps” icon:
- Enter your Google Apps super-admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Start the cloudHQ wizard to create integration sync pairs
You will need to run this sync wizard for each Google Apps user who needs to have their Google Drive integrated with Egnyte.
- Go to Sync wizard (url: https://www.cloudHQ.net/sync/google_docs/egnyte)
- Select one of the already-configured Google Drive accounts (you should see all your Google Apps users since you have already authorized Google Apps):
- Select what to sync for Google Drive and click “Next”:
- Since you have already authorized your Egnyte account, click on “Select” next to your Egnyte account:
- Select a folder to sync with Egnyte and click “Select”:
- Select options. Synchronization will start automatically:
- Your synchronization pair will display after successful configuration.
- Here is How to Monitor Status of Sync.