With the old configuration for Dropbox your team is NOT eligible for Team Folders.
- Team folders – within a team folder, each file or folder can be shared with a different set of people. You can choose to allow others to view or edit the files in a team folder—or block access altogether.
- Team member folders – the team member folder is your space, and you can choose to share the files and folders in your team member folder, or not.
With the new Dropbox Business, your team shares a team space. Everyone on your team can access the team space, and everyone sees the same folder structure. In the team space, you have two different kinds of folders:
Differencies between OLD Dropbox and NEW Dropbox:
- The OLD configuration for Dropbox Business has Team Folders – so you can NOT create multiple namespaces if your Dropbox screen looks like this:
- If your Dropbox screen looks like the screen below, then you should see “Team Folders” folder in cloudHQ browser and under that browser you will see all team spaces and team folders. The NEW configuration for Dropbox Business has Team Folders – so you can create multiple namespaces:
How to check if your team is eligible for Team Folders
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Admin console.
- Click Settings.
- Click Early access.
- Under Features, look for Update to a team space.
- If you don’t see Update to a team space, your team isn’t eligible for early access