How to fix error message "This item is already being downloaded and added into Chrome"?
If you see the error message “This item is already being downloaded and added into Chrome” when trying to install our extension, this is a known issue with Chrome. It can affect any extension, not just ours.
- First try restarting Chrome.
- If that doesn’t help, restart your computer.
- Then please try reset Google Chrome settings to default, and then restart your computer
- And if that doesn’t help, try this workaround:
- Type in the address bar: chrome://flags
- Find the text Enable Enhanced Bookmarks and select Enabled in the list below.
- Click Relaunch Now.
- You should now be able to install the extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- After the chrome extension is installed, put things back as they were. In chrome://flags, select Default under Enable Enhanced Bookmarks and click Relaunch Now.