To sync multiple Box accounts with corresponding Google Drive accounts you need to create two-way sync pairs like this:
Box (firstname.lastname@example.org) <-> Google Drive (email@example.com) Box (firstname.lastname@example.org) <-> Google Drive (email@example.com) Box (firstname.lastname@example.org) <-> Google Drive (email@example.com) ...
The above sync pairs will ensure that each user’s Box account are the exact mirror of that user’s Google Drive account. All files and folders data will be transferred and it will also be kept in sync.
cloudHQ will also keep in sync all sharing information and permissions between Box to Google Drive.
Here are step-by-step instructions for how to set up the above sync pairs.
Google Apps preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Google G Suite super admin. Instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/cloudhq-access-permission-for-google-apps-admin/.
- Ensure that Google G Suite Administrative API is enabled for your domain. Instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-check-if-google-apps-administrative-api-is-enabled-for-your-domain/.
Box Business and Box Enterprise Preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Box for Business / Enterprise admin. The instructions are here: Box for Business admin.
- In some Box installations, third-party applications might be disabled. You will need to check if third-party applications are disabled in your Box account and enable them. Instructions for how to check that are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-cloudhq-third-party-application-in-box-enterprise/.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Google G Suite domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Google Apps” icon:
- Enter your Google G Suite super-admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Box Business or Box Enterprise Account
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Box for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Box for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:Authorize Box for Business admin account:
Start the cloudHQ wizard to create two-way sync pairs
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/multi_setup_wizard?prompt_auth=true:
- Select “Back up or Sync for Multiple Users”:
- Select Box or Google G Suite as your primary user directory:
- Click the Box icon:
- Select users:
- Click on the Google Drive icon.
- Verify the sync pairs.
- Click on “Finish” to create sync pairs and start the migration.