To migrate Dropbox for Business accounts to Office 365 Sharepoint accounts, you need to create one-way sync pairs like this:
Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) -> Office 365 Sharepoint (email@example.com)/Site/Document Library Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) -> Office 365 Sharepoint (email@example.com)/Site/Document Library ...
The above will do one-way sync of each Dropbox account to corresponding Office 365 OneDrive Sharepoint account. The data will be migrated but also kept in sync allowing you seamless transition.
cloudHQ will also replicate all sharing information and permissions from Dropbox to Office 365 Sharepoint.
Office 365 Preparation:
- OneDrive Business accounts have to be fully provisioned. cloudHQ will not provision Office 365 OneDrive Business accounts on your behalf. This means each Office 365 user must log in at least once to their OneDrive Business account.
- An Office 365 admin needs to be added as an admin to users’ personal websites.
The instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enable-admin-access-to-all-office-365-onedrive-users.
- Please wait as it will take some time to propagate ownership changes
Dropbox for Business Preparation:
- Ensure that you are a Dropbox for Business admin. The instructions are here: Dropbox for Business admin.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Dropbox for Business
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click on the “Dropbox for Business” icon:
- Authorize your Dropbox for Business admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Office 365 domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the “Office 365” icon:
- Accept Office 365 authorization:
Set up sync pair between Dropbox for Business and Office 365 OneDrive Business
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/multi_setup_wizard?prompt_auth=true
- Click the Dropbox for Business icon
- Click “Switch to Migrate” button:
- Click the Dropbox for Business icon:
- Select users:
- Click on the Office365 Sharepoint icon
- Enter Site name or Site URL to search SharePoint site.
- Select the SharePoint document library or sub-folder or click “Create Folder” to create a new folder, then click “Select”.
- Choose your options. Synchronization will start automatically.
- The synchronization status will display after the initial synchronization.
- Here is How to Monitor Status of Sync.
- An email will confirm the success of the initial synchronization.