To migrate a Dropbox account to Office 365 Sharepoint document library, you need to create one-way sync pair like this:
Dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) -> Office 365 Sharepoint (email@example.com)/Site/Document Library
The above will do one-way sync of Dropbox account to speficied Office 365 OneDrive Sharepoint Document Library. The data will be migrated but also kept in sync allowing you seamless transition.
cloudHQ will also replicate all sharing information and permissions from Dropbox to Office 365 Sharepoint only and only if:
- cloudHQ is installed on Dropbox Business domain
- cloudHQ is installed on your Office 365 domain
Set up sync pair from Dropbox account to Office365 Sharepoint library
- Click the “Sync & Integrate” tab, then click on “Single User Setup“:
- Click “Single User Setup“:
- Click “Switch to Backup” button
- Click the Dropbox icon
- Select the Dropbox account
- Click on the Office365 Sharepoint icon
- Select or authorize SharePoint account
- Enter Site name or Site URL to search SharePoint site.
- Select the SharePoint document library or sub-folder or click “Create Folder” to create a new folder, then click “Select”.
- Choose your options. Synchronization will start automatically.
- The synchronization status will display after the initial synchronization.
- Here is How to Monitor Status of Sync.
- An email will confirm the success of the initial synchronization.