Google Workspace admins can create, share, and manage Google Workspace label shares for any or all users in their Google Workspace domain. All these operations can be done with zero end-user interaction. Furthermore, Google Workspace admins have full visibility into what is getting shared, who is sharing, and more.
This means that Google Workspace admin can do the following:
- add a domain user to a shared label without asking the user needing to do anything
- remove domain user from a shared label without user involvement
- remove a shared label
- modify whether a shared label is read-only or read-write
- create a shared label and add users to a shared label without user involvement
- check and monitor which labels and emails are shared in the domain and with whom
Google Workspace Preparation
- Ensure that you are a Google Workspace super admin. The instructions are here:
- Ensure the Google Workspace Administrative API is enabled for your domain. The instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-check-if-google-apps-administrative-api-is-enabled-for-your-domain/.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your Google Workspace domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the Google Google Workspace icon:
- Enter your Google Workspace super-admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Set up a shared Gmail Label for your Google Workspace domain
Now you can set up a shared Gmail Label for your domain. As an admin, you can setup sharing so that sharing is owned by you (as an admin) or sharing of a label owned by member of the team.
If you want to set up sharing of a label owned by a member of the team, just follow these instructions: How to share any Gmail label via web interface
If you sharing so that sharing is owned by you (as an admin), follow the instruction below:
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/share_intro.
- Click Set up Global Shared Gmail folder:
- Input the Gmail label you want to share, select users, and click “Create Shared Label”:
NOTE: If you already have a label created just enter the *exact* name of the label – we will detect that the label exist and share that label.
- The sharing sync pair will be created for selected users:
- The sharing will automatically start.