G Suite admins can create, share, and manage G Suite label shares for any or all users in their G Suite domain. All these operations can be done with zero end-user interaction. Furthermore, G Suite admins have full visibility into what is getting shared, who is sharing, and more.
This means that G Suite admin can do the following:
- add a domain user to a shared label without asking the user needing to do anything
- remove domain user from a shared label without user involvement
- remove a shared label
- modify whether a shared label is read-only or read-write
- create a shared label and add users to a shared label without user involvement
- check and monitor which labels and emails are shared in the domain and with whom
G Suite Preparation
- Ensure that you are a G Suite super admin. The instructions are here:
- Ensure the G Suite Administrative API is enabled for your domain. The instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-check-if-google-apps-administrative-api-is-enabled-for-your-domain/.
Authorize cloudHQ to access your G Suite domain
- Go to https://www.cloudHQ.net/services and click the Google Apps icon:
- Enter your G Suite super-admin email and follow the wizard steps:
Set up a shared Gmail Label for your G Suite domain
Now you can set up a shared Gmail Label for your domain:
- Go to https://www.cloudhq.net/share_intro.
- Click “Set up Global Shared Gmail folder”:
- Input the Gmail label you want to share, select users, and click “Create Shared Label”:
NOTE: If you already have a label created just enter the *exact* name of the label – we will detect that the label exist and share that label.
- The sharing sync pair will be created for selected users:
- Share will automatically start.