cloudHQ MailKing and Gmail Auto Follow Up can parse CSV and Excel files as the source of merged data. cloudHQ will map columns names from your CSV/Excel to merge tags. The merge tags will be then add to the Merge tags menu. You can also add them to subject or message body. The merge tag format is *|column_name_1|*.
Here are step by step procedure how to upload CSV and use merge tags:
- Create your CSV file. Whatever you name the columns on your CSV will be the names of your merge fields. However there are some limitations:
- “Email” must be your first column.
- If you have more than one column, then “FirstName” must be your second CSV column and “LastName” number be your third column.
- When creating your campaign, use the column names as your merge fields, using the following format: *|columnname|*. You can also find them in menu drobdown.
- Check the preview to ensure that you’ve properly mapped your fields and you’re ready to send MailKing.