MailKing allows you to send email campaigns directly from your Google Gmail accounts. This is great because your email will not be automatically marked as “promotion” (since it is not sent from MailChimp or other dedicated mass mailing systems).
However, this also means that you are still bound by Google Gmail sending limits.
To keep Gmail systems healthy and your accounts safe, Google limits the amount of mail one user can send. Limits restrict the number of messages sent per day and the number of recipients per message.
- Free Gmail, trial Google Workspace (formerly G Suite and Google Apps) accounts, Google Workspace with less than 6 bill cycles, and have sending limit of 500 messages per day.
- Paid G Suite accounts with at least 6 bill cycles have a limit of 1,500 to 2,000 messages per day. Google Workspace accounts with at least 6 bill cycles with Google are considered tenured/seasoned and can enjoy sending up to 2,000 daily emails. Accounts with less than 6 billing cycles have much stricter spamming and sending rules.
In order to comply with the above restrictions, cloudHQ will ensure not to send more than 450 emails per day for free accounts and 1800 emails per day for paid G Suite accounts. So if your email campaign has more than 900 emails and you are using a free Gmail account, it might take ~2 full days to email everybody.
If you exceed a Google email sending limit, you will see an error message, such as:
- You have reached a limit for sending emails.
- You reached a Gmail sending limit.
- You exceeded the maximum recipients.
After reaching one of these limits, you will not be able to send new messages for up to 24 hours. However, you will still be able to access your Gmail account and receive incoming email. After this suspension period, sending limits are automatically reset and the user can resume sending mail.
Here is the explanation of Google Workspace Gmail sending limits:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852 (see Daily sending limit section)
More discussion on this topic can be found here: