Export Emails to Excel, CSV, or Google Sheets has a powerful editor which allows you to define your own custom parsing rules.
Left Panel – Message preview panel
- Text – this tab shows the email message in plain text. If your email does not render well, you can chose a different algorithm to convert email to text.
- Tables – this tab shows tables we might discover in your email messages. You add a new rule by clicing and draggins on the table columns. Here is an example how table might look like:
- Values – this tab shows key-value elements we might discover in your email messages. You add a new rule by clicing on the row. Here is an example how this key-value view might look like:
- Advanced – this tab shows advanced views of the email message.
Right Panel – Rules management panel
The right panel lists all the columns – each column has “column name” which name of the column the spreadsheet and rules describing how to extract the data.
There are two ways to add new colum:
- You can add a new custom column highlight the text on the left side. After you highlight the text you will be prompted to enter the name of the column.
- You can also click on Add rule (in the right pannel in upper right corner)
To delete a custom column, click on the “trash” button next to the rulr.
To modify the parsing rule, click on the “cog” icon next to the rule.
Detailed instructions on how use rules are here.