Export Emails to Excel, CSV, or Google Sheets has a powerful editor which allows you to define your own custom parsing rules.
You can access the editor by clicking on “Add or edit parsing” rules in the export dialog:
Here is a short movie showing how to use the editor:
- Add a new custom column:
There are two ways to add new column:
- You can add a new custom column highlight the text on the left side. After you highlight the text you will be prompted to enter the name of the column.
- You can also click on Add rule (in the right pannel in upper right corner)
- Delete custom column:
To delete a custom column, click on the “X” button next to the column name on the right panel.
- Modify parse rules:
To modify a parse rule, click on “wrench” icon next to rule.
- Modify column names:
To modify the name of the column, click on the column name and enter the new name.
- Text after: the value of spreadsheet column will be text after the text pattern.
- Text before: the value of spreadsheet column will be text before the text pattern.
- Text between: the value of spreadsheet column will be text between text patterns.
- Lines between: the value of spreadsheet column will be all lines between lines matching patters.
The parse rules are saved per Gmail label: each Gmail label can have one set of parsing rules.