To sync or backup with Amazon S3, you first need to create an appropriate Amazon S3 bucket, Amazon AWS AIM user, and (optionally) configure Amazon Glacier policies for your backup bucket.
- Create Amazon S3 bucket for sync and backup.
If you are looking for Amazon S3 encrypted backups, you will need to attach an AWS policy that will enforce AWS server-side encryption. The instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-enforce-aws-server-side-encryption-on-your-amazon-backup-bucket/.
- Create an Amazon AWS AIM user to own this backup. Instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-create-amazon-iam-user-for-cloudhq-sync-backup-to-amazon-s3/.
- Optionally, you can set up Amazon S3 to Amazon Glacier archiving rules. Instructions are here: https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-setup-archive-to-amazon-glacier/.
- After you do the above, you can add your Amazon S3 account to cloudHQ:
- Login into cloudHQ
- Go to Users and Cloud Accounts
- Click on Amazon S3 icon
- Enter credentials