To find out more about ChatGPT for Google by cloudHQ, click here.
Install ChatGPT for Google from Chrome Web Store or Microsoft Edge Add-ons Store.
What is OpenAI API?
The OpenAI API provides a means to access OpenAI’s advanced artificial intelligence models.
The OpenAI API is not free to use. OpenAI charges on a per-request basis, with the cost depending on factors like the length of the text you’re asking the model to generate.
The OpenAI API uses API keys for authentication. These API keys are used in requests to verify the identity of the requesting user or application. To use the API, developers need to retrieve their API keys from the OpenAI API’s user interface.
The benefits of using OpenAI API are the following:
- Performance: calls executed via API are not throttled by OpenAI and they are not subject of user-level chatGPT limits
- Scalability: APIs, in general, offer scalability, and the OpenAI API is no exception. As your user base or data processing needs grow, APIs can handle the increased demand.
- Availability: The API system offers superior availability, ensuring optimal functionality and accessibility significantly more than the user-level constraints of ChatGPT
How to configure OpenAI API with ChatGPT for Google
ChatGPT for Google Search works well with the OpenAI API and it is fully compatible with the OpenAI API.
If you prefer using the OpenAI API instead of ChatGPT’s normal interface, it’s pretty easy. All you need is to get an API key and then put this key in the hatGPT for Google setup area.
Here are the steps to use your OpenAI API keys:
- Go to https://platform.openai.com/account/api-keys to get your OpenAI key. Save the key.
- Locate the ChatGPT for Google icon in the top-right section of your browser and click on it. If the ChatGPT for Google icon isn’t immediately visible, click on the “extension” icon. You will find the ChatGPT for Google icon within the dropdown that appears.
- Enter your OpenAI API key and select the OpenAI model to use (GTP-3.5-Turbo or GPT-4).