Gmail group messages and their replies by default in conversation threads so you see multiple related messages in one view.
Here is how you can break email conversations off renaming email subject:
- Open a message or email thread:
- You should see the pencil button , which is the rename icon.
- Click the “rename icon” (it should be next to trash icon):
- You should see that it is loading:
- Type in new name of the email with a new subject:
- Then click “Rename”:
- Wait for a few seconds:
- The email will be renamed: