Observe these technical limitations imposed by Google when migrating data or organizing content. You can read more details: here
- Storage space
- You can upload 750 GB of data per day.
- You can upload files up to 5 TB in size.
- If a single file exceeds the 750 GB daily limit, that file will upload. Subsequent files will not upload until the daily upload limit resets the next day.
- A Team Drive can contain a maximum of 400,000 files and folders. Please contact Google support if you need to increase this limit. Google strongly recommends that Team Drives include less than this limit. Users of Team Drives with too many files can have difficulty organizing and navigating the content and Google Team Drive performances might suffer.
Our internal testing at cloudHQ showed that Google Team Drive has excellent performances when there are less than 100,000 files and folders but performances do gradually go down as more files and folders are added.
- A Team Drive can include a large number of individual and Google Group members.
- Limit for individuals and groups directly added as members: 600
- A group and an individual are both counted as one member against the limit.
- Total limit of individuals (direct members, or indirect members due to Google Group membership): 50,000
An individual who is a member of several groups that are added as direct members of the Team Drive still only count as a single individual.
- A single Team Drive can nest up to 20 subfolders, but Google does not recommend creating Team Drives with a folder structure that complex. Team Drives will work but users can have difficulty organizing and navigating the content. Instead of a complex hierarchy of folders, consider organizing content into multiple Team Drives
team drive limits; team drive limitations